When you join GSQ, you will gain access to the accumulated experience of many other researchers. Our experienced volunteers can point out the pitfalls, guide you to the records you need and put you in touch with others with similar interests.
On joining the Society, you will find an abundance of resources covering a wide variety of subjects, from local, national and international sources. In some cases, the resources will not be available anywhere else.
Members of GSQ enjoy the following benefits:
- Free use of our library collections and advice and assistance from our experienced volunteers
- Our quarterly journal, Generation
- Monthly eNews
- Access to our member's only site - MyGSQ
- Participation in Special Interest Groups
- Free access to subscription websites, such as Ancestry , Findmypast, BritishNewspaperArchive, TheGenealogist
- Access to the vast microfilm library of the Latter-day Saints through the film hire service
- Special rates for GSQ courses and workshops
- Discounts on GSQ products
- Limited free research service for country members
- eResearch requests
- Special rates for external research at the Qld State Archives, National Archives of Australia (Brisbane) & the State Library of Queensland collections.
- Free publication of research interests in Generation.
- Access to overseas and interstate certificate ordering
- Reciprocal visiting rights to the collections of other family history societies.
- Want to join us? See here for joining options.