Affiliate Group membership is open to family or local history societies throughout Australia, or, in fact, any group with an interest in genealogy and/or family history. We believe that local and family history are complementary. The history of many families is bound up in the history of a locality. Members of local history societies are also interested in the history of their families.
With the ever-changing world of technology, GSQ is working to assist people to use online resources efficiently, as well as to share the printed and micrographic resources we have acquired during the 43 years of our operation. Our mission is to foster the study of family history for the benefit of our members and the wider community.
We believe that 'family history matters' and we have an obligation to assist Queenslanders to understand their family background in a historical context.
If your group has an interest in local or family history, it may be eligible for Affiliate membership of GSQ. The benefits of affiliation are:
- One copy of our quarterly journal Generation
- Discount on GSQ publications purchased for the organisation's library collection
- Visiting rights for your organisation's members to use GSQ library resources
- Research undertaken by our research assistants for your organisation at a lower cost
- Our monthly electronic news
- Current news on events and courses.
To apply for membership as an Affiliate Group, select Join Now from the Membership menu.