- This event has passed.
DNA Discovery Day
February 16 @ 8:45 AM - 5:00 PM
$75 – $90
Have you done your DNA test and are not sure what it all means or have you been working with your results for a while and want some tips of where to go next with your DNA research? Then this day is for you. Don’t miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to learn about DNA and genetic genealogy from renowned DNA specialists. Find out how you can understand and maximise working with your DNA results. Become more aware of the ethical and legal issues surrounding DNA testing.
GSQ also thanks the conference sponsors who are providing DNA kits and/or world subscriptions, amongst other prizes and giveaways.
- totheLetter DNA
Book your spot at the conference now as seats are limited!
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided.
Lucky door prize and fabulous raffles, including DNA kits and world subscriptions to MyHeritage and Ancestry.
Expert speakers include:
- Michelle Patient (NZ) – What’s all the fuss about?
- Helen Smith (AU) – Incorporating DNA into your research plan
- Blaine Bettinger (US) [recorded] – Shared cM Project
- Louise Coakley (AU) [recorded] – a DNA case study
- Dr Hugh Breakey (AU) – Ethics panel
- Maurice Gleeson (UK) [recorded] – Unknown parentage – what to do?
- Members of the GSQ DNA Special Interest Group – personal experience case studies from family historians
- Lachlan Douglas (AU) – Micah Projects – Post adoption
- Professor Matthew Rimmer (AU) – Ethics panel