November 24 @ 10:00 AM - 2:30 PM AEST
The German Special Interest Group aims:
- to offer support and research assistance to all who are searching for their German Ancestry
- to encourage and exchange information in an informal setting
- to provide guest speakers when possible to help guide us through the maze of information available to us
- to learn the history of Germany and immigration and why our ancestors chose to leave
- to get to know about German people and their customs.
Bi-monthly meetings are held at the GSQ Resource Centre on the last Sunday of the odd numbered months from 10.00 am – 2.30pm.
Any changes to meeting dates are advertised in the German Group pages of Generation and in the Group’s newsletter Die Zeitung which is published to coincide with meetings and is available by mail, email or at meetings.
2024 – 28 Jan; 24 March; 26 May; 28 July; 29 Sept; 24 Nov;
We are a small, but knowledgeable group and currently meet in person on the above dates at 10.00 a.m. at GSQ premises at Stackpole Street Wishart. Perhaps there are people out there that would like to have the opportunity of attending via zoom in the form of a hybrid meeting if so, please contact the German groups email address with your questions or suggestion as to how we may help you with your research. Any GSQ members who think they may benefit from also listening to the QFHS Central European Group zoom meetings which will be held in 2024 on the First Sunday in the Even Months please let me know and I will arrange for you to be sent the link.
Contact Convenor on email@example.com for further information.