The Genealogical Society of Queensland conducts a program of events including classes, seminars, workshops and education sessions each year to provide our members and visitors with a wide variety of information on family history topics.
Our Branches and Special Interest Groups also hold meetings. Members of GSQ are welcome to attend.
Download the calendar of events for January to June 2020 so that you never miss a GSQ event!
German group – Last Sunday
July 26 @ 10:15 AM - 2:30 PM
An event every 2 months that begins at 10:15 AM on day Last of the month, repeating until December 1, 2020
The German Special Interest Group aims:
- to offer support and research assistance to all who are searching for their German Ancestry
- to encourage and exchange information in an informal setting
- to provide guest speakers when possible to help guide us through the maze of information available to us
- to learn the history of Germany and immigration and why our ancestors chose to leave
- to get to know about German people and their customs.
Bi-monthly meetings are held at the GSQ Resource Centre on the last Sunday of the odd numbered months. Any changes to meeting dates are advertised in the German Group pages of Generation and in the Group’s newsletter Die Zeitung which is published to coincide with meetings and is available by mail, email or at meetings.