- This event has passed.
Top genealogical sources: The expert’s guide
October 27 @ 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
$60 – $75
Don’t miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to learn about the best family history resources from some of the world’s most renowned genealogical researchers. With five ‘live’ experts sharing their tips, we have also arranged for international luminaries such as Irish expert John Grenham and the ‘Legal Genealogist’ Judy Russell to share their tips with you as well.
This is a not-to-be-missed event with a stunning line-up of speakers who will offer brilliant research and resource insights with you.
Book your spot at the seminar now as seats are limited!
Morning tea and lunch are provided.
Lucky door prize and fabulous raffles, including a DNA kit.
Expert presenters are:
- Stephanie Ryan -Senior Librarian at the State Library of Queensland, specialising in family history research
- Dr Jennifer Harrison – Author and honorary research fellow in History at The University of Queensland
- Annabel Lloyd – Brisbane City Council’s Senior Archivist
- Shauna Hicks – Author, Australia’s #1 genealogical blogger and retired archivist
- Jenny Joyce (by webcast) – Professional genealogist and Rootstech Ambassador.
The international experts include (via a pre-recorded presentation):
- David Rencher (USA) – Chief Genealogical Officer, FamilySearch International
- Cora Num (AUS) – Author, genealogist and the founder of CoraWeb
- Angela Packer McGhie (USA) – Professional researcher, lecturer and instructor
- John Grenham (IRE) – Author, Irish genealogy specialist
- Judy Russell (USA) – Genealogist with a law degree, the Legal Genealogist
- Michelle Patient (NZ) – Genealogist, DNA expert
- Janet Few (UK) – Author, family, social and community historian
- Fiona Brooker (NZ) – Convenor of the organising committee for the 2018 NZSG AGM & Conference; Past President of the New Zealand Society of Genealogists (NZSG), author and professional genealogist.